May 14, 2007

Two Girls



Two Girls
Marie-Theresa Hernández
Houston, TX
May 2007



A long time ago I used to take lots of photos and show them in exhibits. After being involved in the art world for a while, I realized that type of environment was not conducive to my artistic production and well being. Now that I am in academia, I find that I may not take as many photos, but they feel less pressured. No more art exhibits. Since 1998, I have concentrated on producing photographs for the books I write. After some serious thought, I decided the web would be another good place to show them. I think the main issue about producing art is for it to be accessible- anyone should be able to see and enjoy the images.

This photo was taken at a wedding in Houston in May 2007. It was not meant to be a "wedding picture" per se, although the family asked me to photograph the event. I did it as a favor and gift. At the same time, I find this image of the two girls full of a type of innocence that is not over run with nostalgia.

As I begin this photography site, I want to thank my professor, photographer George Krause --who taught me how to see.





© Photo and Text
Copyright 2007 by Marie-Theresa Hernández. All rights reserved.

No comments: